It is now possible to trigger a virtual bathroom timer directly from the Minotair wall mount control panel. Great for sporadic fresh air boosts such as when cooking. One activates the virtual bathroom timer by first holding down the
key, followed by the number of key presses of the
key corresponding to 10, 20 or 30-minute intervals. A fourth key press will turn the virtual bathroom timer off. Note that Physical Bathroom Timers always take precedence over the Virtual timer.
Automatic Temperature Mode 3.0
The automatic transitions from heating to cooling and vice versa in automatic mode have been greatly improved. The shoulder seasons and hot summer days with cool nights are now perfectly supported. Moreover, should your fireplace end up overheating your home during the coldest months of winter, you can rest assure the system will not switch to cooling but will instead keep that extra heat in reserve for later.
Shower Detector 2.0
- Enhanced principle of operation. Shower detection is a lot more precise than before and allows to extract more moisture more rapidly. In dryness conditions, when a moisture surge is detected, the system will enforce Recirculation mode to redistribute the moisture generated from showers. If no dryness condition was detected at the time of detection, moisture will be exhausted outside the building. At any time, if a Bathroom Timer is activated, it will override the shower detector and will exhaust moisture and odours outside.
- When the Bathroom Timers setting is set to HIGH speed in the Ventilation menu, the shower detector will now run at the highest speed allowed by the duct size setting (180 or 250 cfm) to increase the capacity of extracting moisture from the bathroom.
- Shower detector sensitivity can now be adjusted to HIGH or NORMAL in Humidity menu. Only use HIGH in case showers are not always detected.
7-Day Program 2.0:
- Now relies on Heat losses and Heat gains to satisfy changes in the setpoint. For instance, if in Heating mode and the setpoint goes from 22°C to 20°C, the system will remain in heating mode and rely on heat losses to reduce temperature over time. Likewise, in Cooling mode, if the setpoint goes from 20°C to 22°C system will remain in cooling mode and will rely on heat gains to increase temperature over time.
- 7-Day Program will now make use of the manual heating and cooling setpoints when it encounters an empty time slot (i.e. one that is not set for daytime, night time, or away). Recall that the manual setpoints are entered via the Temperature menu, while the Day, Night and Away setpoints are entered in the Program menu.
SMART Mode 3.0:
- Dozens of under-the-hood improvements ensure smarter overall operations than before.
- Overall better moisture management with improved HUMIWATCH 365 system coupled with tighter humidity setpoint tolerances.
- In dryness conditions, if the system detects outside air contains more moisture than inside air, then it will humidify using fresh air from outside.
- Now possible to disable Air Exchange mode if severe dryness conditions are present. This applies mainly to winter operations and to houses that are not airtight. The principle is based on the stack effect that the colder the outside air gets, the more pressure it will put on the walls and thus the more air will infiltrate inside the house, requiring less mechanical ventilation. Note that in this case, the minimum 10 minutes of fresh air guaranteed by the Smart mode will be overridden.
Auxiliary Heating and Cooling 3.0 :
- Improved integration with central heating and cooling appliances. If Minotair is only a few more minutes away from reaching desired setpoint, it will refrain from calling the auxiliary appliance(s) for help, thus increasing energy efficiency.
- New safety feature. Now possible to use a remote sensor to read indoor temperature when Minotair controls Central Air Handler or Furnace. This allows indoor temperature to be controlled normally in the unlikely case of a severe Minotair malfunction.
Now possible for a building automation system to read MINOTAIR system variables via the MODBUS protocol over the controller RS-485 serial interface. In a later version, it will also be possible to control the Minotair by this same automation system.
(For advanced users only. More info available upon request).
Self-Diagnosis Module 2.0:
Several other tweaking and improvements.
- The module handles the “change filter” and “change HEPA” warnings better in case both are due to be changed at the same time.
- The module is now able to detect certain system abnormalities and apply corrective measures to prevent them from becoming problems.